To attract new customers why take the complex path?
It doesn’t help your business to grow.
If you are presenting a proposal to potential customers, do you follow what other businesses do?
Or do you simplify the process for customers.
Jeannette Paladino from Write Speak Sell has made a number of comments over the years on this blog. And one that kept running through my mind was her approach to getting new customers.
I asked her to expand on her approach with an example.
Jeannette presented to a highly successful building consulting company. The proposal covered a number of areas she broke into modules.
Each module detailed what they would get and the price. The company could choose the modules they wanted depending on their budget and other considerations.
They chose two of the modules. And the beauty of this approach is if they want the third module, they have all the information and price.
Another company lumped all the work into one proposal with a flat price. There was no indication where the money would be allocated.
She had a new customer.
Jeannette’s approach is a great example of how simplicity gets your business new customers.
Her approach benefits the customer:
- As Jeannette mention customers like this method because they can see what they get for the price
- Saves them time working through the proposal trying to work out the information and value
- They can see how their budget can be allocated.
- They are in control of what they go with depending on their priorities
- Makes their decision making process simple
- They can proceed to implementation quicker
- Saves them time going back and forth for further detail
- Provides them with clarity of all elements of a project or projects
They have the details of each module rather than general information that they may need to clarify
For the business owner benefits include:
- Jeannette she said it organises her thinking and she is able to price her services better
- Reduces or eliminates price negotiation
- Can lead to higher overall price and sales revenue
- Differentiates businesses from others who give one all in one proposal
- Simplifies the process to gain further assignments
Simplicity in your approach whether with a proposal or any step in the buying decision process can be a competitive advantage to grow your business.
And customers will remember it.
Over to you: what other benefits can you add from using this approach? Do you have a way when offering your products or services that using simplicity?
Do you want to get new customers? If you do, I can help. Click Here to see how.