You want to be part of something yet you are ignored.
It doesn’t matter how you know you would be a big help. Others for various reasons are shunning you.
You feel lonely, unappreciated or even angry.
This is how a marketing strategy may feel if it were a person.
However unlike a person a marketing strategy can only be included if you decide to select it.
Today one of the essential parts of business is often left out or mistaken for tactics. The marketing strategy is needed if you want your business to grow.
Here are a few ways to see if a marketing strategy is feeling lonely in your business:
- You have a bunch of marketing tactics that do not always work well together. But you are not sure what the missing link is.
- You know there should be strategic key areas of focus, but you can’t decide between them.
- Simplicity tries to include its perfect partner for business growth but keeps being outvoted, especially by complexity.
- Your marketing objectives are mistaken for marketing strategies and the objectives never tell you they have a different role to play. They are just happy to be part of the team.
- Some marketing tactics are getting lots of attention such as content, email and social networks. They like the attention so they do not want to be in a supporting role to the marketing strategies.
It is in many ways a marketing strategy is the glue between your objectives and your tactics. It provides the direction and focus for your business. And it simplifies your marketing for the benefit of your business and for your customers.
Importantly it can help get you out of being overwhelmed with all that is expected of businesses today. This is because you can quickly judge whether the tactics will support the strategy to achieve the results you want.
This saves you giving them a go to see what may happen and it can help you not to give up on the tactic too soon.
Over to you: How do you make sure a marketing strategy is not lonely in your business?