In the interest of equality it can’t be queen either.
For content to be king means that all other marketing elements are not as important.
Some elements may have been placed so far down the line it is like being the fourth cousin of the tenth person in line for the throne.
This is not to say content is not important because it is and it has many benefits.
It is perhaps a case of putting into perspective.
You can have compelling content but if your pricing or product or services are not performing then it can slow the growth of your brand.
All elements of the marketing mix including other tactics can’t be put on a set and forget basis if you want to build a strong business.
Perhaps before you do more content perhaps it is worth taking a moment to put it into perspective so you can maximise your time and money.
To make it a little simpler perhaps before you head off to produce another piece of content you do a marketing review and ask yourself a few questions such as:
- Have you a clear picture of the customers you want to attract and retain?
- Do you have a simple and concise positioning that the content supports?
- Why are you producing content?
- Is your content achieving anything?
- What are the reasons why you produce content in the various formats?
- Have you a customer service process in place?
- Is your pricing right?
- Have you improved the quality of your product or service lately?
- Is your point of difference meaningful to customers or me too?
We are lucky today that we have the opportunity to share content and communicate with a bigger group than before.
But to have a brand and business that will grow we need to never forget that all elements need to be looked at.
As always would like to hear your thoughts on this.